Sunday, November 25, 2007

The last week

My teacher heads off to Mali next week and I am acutely aware that I am going to have to go for a whole month without any lessons.

My survival tool kit:

Practice every day. Listen to the recordings and play through all the pieces every day.

Get together with my fellow students for a drumming circle a couple of times in December.

Pull out my 'Learning the Djembe' book and CD and see if I can pick up a new rhythm or two.

Pray.

Tonight at my church, the priest asked us if we would play at a big bonfire event our church is holding on December 21st. Of course we said yes! Any chance to play is wonderful. So getting ready for that will be fun, too.

I just want to be a sponge over the next week, and soak up as much as I can.

What do YOU do when your teacher is out of town?

No comments: