Monday, January 14, 2008

snap crackle pop

I thought my drum was tightly tuned before. Now it is like playing on concrete. But wow it sounds crisp! I like it. I am not sure I want to keep it that way, though. I might want to tune it back down when my teacher is finished using it this week.


In the mean time, I have it back and have been experimenting with using the strap to play standing up. Surprisingly, the strap that Sidy attached fits me pretty well. What I lack in height I apparently make up for in width, LOL. So the drum hangs at about the right height for me. But dang it is heavy. My drum is really a brute. I think if I was going to be playing standing up a lot, I will have to work on my back muscles, or perhaps have a second, lighter, drum. One great thing about playing standing up is that you can swing along to the rhythm.

No comments: