Monday, January 7, 2008

Yes!

Class tonight was incredible. There were 7 of us in the class, most of whom had some drumming experience by now. Sidy taught us a new rhythm and it was just amazing. The whole group gelled. Even the brand new student picked up the rhythms quickly and was able to play along. Sidy joked that she will be teaching him someday.

I love this class. There is something astounding about playing with others. We held up the groove while Sidy, even jet-lagged from his long flights, played stunning solos.

Later, I told Nguyen that watching and listening to a great drummer is very exciting, but playing with him takes you to a whole other place. I am not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. My adrenaline is still pumping 3 hours later.

I am very excited about the class. (can you tell?) The students are good. The teacher is incredible. We are going to have fun.

I didn't record the rhythms tonight, but I will post them when I get them so my fellow students can practice.

Bang.

No comments: