Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Too much is never enough

Really,

Eat. Sleep. Play. Work. Rehead.

A djembe, that is. Today I am stringing the uprights on one of Sidy's drums. It is my first go at it and I am fully aware that I might have to take the whole thing apart again if I do a bad job. When I formed the loops on the bottom ring of the drum, I had to take it out and redo it three times to get it right. But when Sidy asked if I wanted to give the drum back and let him finish it, I asked if I could keep it for awhile longer.

I love drums.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I knew you were playing, but I feel like I've been invited into an amazing journey of transformation coming over here. So beautiful - butterfly.

Rachel Nguyen said...

Hey Rach,

It IS transformative. At some point I want to write a book about what life lessons I am learning from playing.

It is an incredible gift, really.